Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
dddddddddd Heav
GLENVIEW, Ill. -- After struggling with his putting much of the round, Tom Lehman made a 12-foot birdie putt on the final hole Sunday to win the Champions Tours Encompass Championship. The 55-year-old Lehman closed with a 2-under 70 at North Shore and had a 15-under 201 total for his eighth senior title and first since 2012. He rebounded from bogeys on Nos. 13 and 14 -- his only dropped strokes of the week -- with birdies on Nos. 15 and 16, parred the par-3 17th and won on the par-4 18th. "It wasnt my very best performance today, but it was good enough," Lehman said. Michael Allen and Kirk Triplett tied for second, a stroke back. Allen shot 67, and Triplett had a 68. Lehman, the 1996 British Open winner, opened with rounds of 65 and 66 to take a three-stroke lead into the final round. He ended a 27-event victory drought and won $270,000. "The check is sweet, but the trophy is sweeter," Lehman said. His last win was the Schwab Cup Championship at the end of the 2012 season. Lehman, who was bogey-free and made 13 birdies in the first two rounds, parred the first 11 holes before birdieing No. 12. "I had a rough start and wasnt putting like I did the first two days," Lehman said. "It put me in a bit of a bind. After 14, I told my caddie, Lets have the best four holes of the week." Lehman sank an 18-footer on the 15th and a 6-footer on the 16th to get back to 14 under. Triplett birdied the first, sixth, 13th and 16th holes in his bogey-free round. His approach on the final hole stopped in the back fringe. He missed a 20-foot birdie attempt. "I said early in the week that 15 under would win and 15 under wins," Triplett said. "I had some chances, missed a couple and made a couple. I had a pretty tough putt on 18 coming down that hill to keep it on line. So, next week." Allen birdied three of the last four holes, with his approach on 18 hitting the flagstick and stopping 4 inches from the cup. Doug Garwood was fourth at 13 under after a 66. He played the first 10 holes in 4 under and briefly grabbed a share of the lead at 13 under with an eagle on the 16th hole, but three-putted for bogey on the 17th to fall back. Russ Cochran took advantage of a swing adjustment to shooting the best round of the tournament, an 8-under 64 that left him in a tie for sixth at 10 under. "I got up on my toes more," Cochran said. "Seems like a little thing, but it seemed like it did the trick." Colin Montgomerie was 10 under after a 70. Hale Irwin matched his age with a 69 to tie for 39th at 3 under. Kyle Singler Thunder Jersey . Louis Blues and back into top spot of the TSN.ca NHL Power Rankings. The Sharks had been ranked No. Mike Muscala Thunder Jersey . Beckham says "nothing has been confirmed yet, but its something I am very excited about." He adds that "Miami is something that really excites me because there is a great energy down there. https://www.thunderrookiesshop.com/Russe...on-Jersey/ . scored 18 of his career- high 28 points in the first half, as fifth-ranked Ohio State dominated No. Chris Paul Jersey . -- Get a flow chart ready to follow the Packers quarterback situation. Shawn Kemp Thunder Jersey . Lack replaced an injured Roberto Luongo late in the first period then watched defenceman Chris Tanev score the winning goal midway through the third as the Vancouver Canucks defeated the Jets 2-1 in a tight NHL game.LAS VEGAS -- Middleweight champion Chris Weidman has a knee injury, forcing the UFC to postpone his title bout against Lyoto Machida for six weeks. The UFC announced the changes to two major Las Vegas shows on Monday. Weidman (11-0) was expected to make his second title defence at UFC 173 on May 24 at the MGM Grand Garden, but the Long Island-based mixed martial artist needs minor surgery. Weidmans bout with Machida is moving to UFC 175 on July 5 at the Mandalay Bay Events Center. The UFC hasnt decided on a new main event for its traditional Memorial Day weekend show. Former heavyweight champion Junior Dos Santos will meet Stipe Miocic in the top undercard fight on the pay-per-view event. Weidman claimed the 185-pound title when he stopped long-reigning champion Anderson Silva in the second round last July. He defended the belt in December when Silva broke his leg in their rematch. Weidman is the fourth champion in the UFCs seven mens weight classes currently sidellined for surgery, although his recovery is expected to be the shortest.dddddddddddd Heavyweight champion Cain Velasquez had shoulder surgery in December, and isnt expected to return to the octagon until late this year. Lightweight champion Anthony Pettis has been out since last August following knee surgery, and is hoping for a late-summer return. And welterweight champion Johny Hendricks is likely out until fall after tearing his right biceps muscle two weeks before his victory over Robbie Lawler this month. Machida (21-4), the former UFC light heavyweight champion, got this middleweight title shot after Vitor Belfort was removed from the card in late February when the Nevada Athletic Commission banned the use of testosterone replacement therapy. Belfort was among MMAs most prominent sanctioned steroid users, but has decided to give up the practice. Machida, a karate expert from Brazil, has won two straight fights after dropping down to 185 pounds. ' ' '